As the days start to cool off in the fall, US home sales in September have rebounded after a lackluster August. Existing home sales increased 4.7 percent according to the National Association of REALTORS, which means Americans are still buying homes, despite wavering global economic markets abroad.
Here are some of the important US housing market numbers:
- Sales in the US jumped 8.8 percent over the past 12 months
- The total number of overall listings has declined 3.1 percent
- Median home sale price rose to $221,900 in September
- Median home sale prices have risen 6.1 percent this year
- Rising home prices are pushing some 1st-time buyers out of the market
- At the time of publication, the 30-year, fixed rate mortgage averaged 3.79